INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This Independent Contractor Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into on [Date] (the “Effective Date”), by and between [Your Business], with its principal place of business located at [Business Address], (“Client”) and Bowen Creative, located at [Bowen Creative Business Address] (“Designer”).
- SERVICES: Designer agrees to provide the following services to Client:
- COMPENSATION: Client agrees to pay Designer for the services rendered at a rate of [Rate] per hour. Payment will be made as an immediate 40% deposit and a 60% remainder upon completion of work.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR: Designer is an independent contractor of Client, and nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, partnership, or joint venture between the parties. Designer shall be responsible for the payment of all taxes, including income tax, self-employment tax, and any other taxes required by law.
- OWNERSHIP OF WORK PRODUCT: Designer acknowledges that design work produced for Client during the term of this Agreement shall be the exclusive property of Client, and Designer hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such work product to Client with the exception of illustrations or works of art which will be licensed.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Designer agrees to keep all confidential information received from Client during the term of this Agreement confidential and shall not disclose such information to any third party.
- TERM AND TERMINATION: This Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue until the completion of the services or until terminated by either party upon ten (10) days’ written notice to the other party.
- WARRANTIES: Designer warrants that the services provided under this Agreement will be performed in a professional and workmanlike manner, and that the work product will be original and not infringe upon any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event shall either party be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, whether or not the party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior negotiations, understandings, and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first above written.
By: _________________________ Name: _______________________ Title: ________________________
By: Bowen Creative LLC Name: Vanessa Bowen Title: Principal